Carry Permit classes are booking quickly and we have increased the number of classes we give at the Osakis General Store to TWO a month during the busy season.
Keep in mind that we only require a minimum of 4 people to schedule a class at our Brandon location! If you don't have your own group of at least 4, we can add you to an existing class.
We do week day, evening and weekend day classes.
NEW GUNS! With the new Ruger LCPII available, the original LCP at $229.99 is a fantastic deal!
Gun and ammo sales are both up! The hottest items have been the Sararms 9mm (clone of the CZ 75) at $299.99. Also the new Smith & Wesson Victory 22 is HOT. We have sold 10 in the last month and now Smith is having trouble keeping up with demand -$369. Combine this firearm with an inexpensive red dot and you have a great gun for the winter 22 leagues! The Victory comes with a scope rail. We have a demo gun so give it a try.
What's new as of 6-13-2016
Obviously we are all devastated regarding the mass shooting in Orlando. In my personal opinion (and I do respect your opinion if you disagree with me), we again have to reflect on the demonizing rhetoric that the politicians and the media place on "GUN VIOLENCE" rather than PEOPLE violence. In short, we are asked to accept the notion that if there were no guns, there would be no gun violence! Do they really believe that if there were a gun ban, would all the bad guys turn theirs in? Normally I do not use this website as a political forum, but I would like all of you to spend a little time thinking about the following possibilities:
1. Already many politicians are suggesting that the assault rifle and high cap magazine ban should be reinstated. Ask yourself "will such a ban really prevent someone from killing you or your family if they really want to?" I expect that a ban would cut down the "efficiency" of a mass shooter but would they be clever enough to get on the internet and learn how to build a bomb?
2. The next President will no doubt be able to appoint 2-3 individuals to the US Supreme Court. Up to now, we have had a majority of justices who believe in and support the Second Amendment. If the majority changes to the belief that the Second Amendment serves no purpose in modern day society "you do not have the right to defend yourself (except with a stick) should you or your family be exposed to great bodily harm or death"?
3. No doubt some readers with a dissenting opinion (which I respect) would see this dissertation as self-serving. In reality, at my age, the termination of my gun sales and carry permit classes would have little effect on my life! The inability to defend myself or my family is something I don't want to think about. To suggest that I can defend myself against a bad guy (who of course HAS A GUN) with a stick, rock or with my fists is unacceptable!
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
Due to other obligations, our hours spent in the shop may vary considerably. I believe that we will average at least 40 hours a week in the shop BUT we will, on occasion, be away from the shop for as much as a week or more. As such, please take notice of the following suggestions:
1. Please call 320 524-2341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before coming out, to see if we are going to be in the shop.
2. If you are having a firearm being transferred into us, again verify with us that we are going to be here to accept the firearm. Generally speaking, the delivery services (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) will attempt delivery on 3 consecutive business days. If they cannot deliver within that three day window, the will send the firearm back to the shipper. Pioneer Industries WILL NOT be responsible for any re-shipping costs.
WE HAVE AMMO!!
Ammunition inventory continues to improve and we now have a small quantity of 22lr - not enough to sell in bricks yet! :-(
We have 380, 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp ammo !
Due to increased training obligations (carry permit, beginning handgun, advanced handgun, etc), the Carry Depot Store will only be open Wednesday thru Saturday, 9AM-5PM. We still might be available on the other days by appointment or by chance so always best to give us a call.
As many of you are already aware, we also offer Carry Permit training at the Osakis General Store. Please contact the General Store (320 859-5159) for dates, fees, etc.
Carry classes and Beginning Handgun classes are still booking
fast. The large increase in women getting training is amazing!
Remember, we only need 4 people to schedule a carry class (if
you have four, all new permittees get a $10 discount ($70
instead of $80) - all renewals are only $70)!
If you don't have your own group, call or email and we will put
you on a notification list of classes coming up.
Classroom and Store
Since 2003, Pioneer Industries has been providing handgun training to the public. Our training is offered for recreational purposes as well as for self-defense reasons. In addition to providing the mandatory training in order to apply for a Minnesota Carry Permit, we can also provide the training/certification/documents in order to apply for a Florida carry permit. The adding of just one non-resident permit can give one the right to carry in many additional states.
In addition to our firearms training, we offer our popular non-firearm self-defense training for women. Please check the information for this class in the "Classes" section of this site.
In offering our training programs, it has become common for our students to ask us to provide suggestions as to what equipment and accessories to use. Since many of these suggestions involve firearms and where to acquire them, we decided to acquire our Federal Firearms License (FFL) in 2005. After acquiring our FFL, we established "The Carry Depot" store from which we sell firearms and accessory items. These accessory items include holsters, handgun safes, sights, ammunition, storage cases, cleaning supplies and miscellaneous items. In order to provide you with the best possible pricing, WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Thanks for your understanding.
In our efforts to make Pioneer Industries, The Carry Depot store and this site a success, we encourage all viewers to make constructive suggestions as to how we can better serve you. Thanks!
Pioneer Industries 320 524-2341 email@example.com "The Carry Depot" 16533 Pioneer Park Road Brandon, Mn. 56315