Things have been busy as a lot of people are thinking that a Clinton White House is a distinct possibility. If the Democratic party gains control of the Senate and/or control of the Supreme Court, it is likely that the anit-gun crowd will be smiling ear to ear.
Gun and ammo sales are both up! The hottest items have been the Sararms 9mm (clone of the CZ 75) at $299.99. Also the new Smith & Wesson Victory 22 is HOT. We have sold 10 in the last month and now Smith is having trouble keeping up with demand -$369. Combine this firearm with an inexpensive red dot and you have a great gun for the winter 22 leagues! The Victory comes with a scope rail. We have a demo gun so give it a try.
As most of you know, we do a lot of firearm transfers for people who get guns from out of state. Since 2003 when we started, our transfer fees have stayed the same. It was $25 for an existing firearms customer and the firearm was not available thru us. For a person who was not an existing firearms customer, the fee was $30. Effective 9-1-2016, we are raising those fees to $30 and $35 respectively. Thanks for your understanding. :-)
What's new as of 6-13-2016
Obviously we are all devastated regarding the mass shooting in Orlando. In my personal opinion (and I do respect your opinion if you disagree with me), we again have to reflect on the demonizing rhetoric that the politicians and the media place on "GUN VIOLENCE" rather than PEOPLE violence. In short, we are asked to accept the notion that if there were no guns, there would be no gun violence! Do they really believe that if there were a gun ban, would all the bad guys turn theirs in? Normally I do not use this website as a political forum, but I would like all of you to spend a little time thinking about the following possibilities:
1. Already many politicians are suggesting that the assault rifle and high cap magazine ban should be reinstated. Ask yourself "will such a ban really prevent someone from killing you or your family if they really want to?" I expect that a ban would cut down the "efficiency" of a mass shooter but would they be clever enough to get on the internet and learn how to build a bomb?
2. The next President will no doubt be able to appoint 2-3 individuals to the US Supreme Court. Up to now, we have had a majority of justices who believe in and support the Second Amendment. If the majority changes to the belief that the Second Amendment serves no purpose in modern day society "you do not have the right to defend yourself (except with a stick) should you or your family be exposed to great bodily harm or death"?
3. No doubt some readers with a dissenting opinion (which I respect) would see this dissertation as self-serving. In reality, at my age, the termination of my gun sales and carry permit classes would have little effect on my life! The inability to defend myself or my family is something I don't want to think about. To suggest that I can defend myself against a bad guy (who of course HAS A GUN) with a stick, rock or with my fists is unacceptable!
What's new as of 4-20-2016
We continue to have our inventory "re-organization" sale! Additional items are placed on sale on almost a daily basis.
We have received a small batch of Kel-Tec PLR16's in. These are the small tactical pistol in 223 that utilize the standard AR-15 magazines. These are what I call "The Perfect Bug-Out firearm" - small (fit in your laptop bag) and powerful (at least more than a 9mm).
Our "Clearance Bins" are getting full again with 33%-50% off our retail pricing.
Got a few more Browning Buckmark 22lr pistols and the new S&W Victory pistol.
For you collectors, we received in trade a German P-08 Luger (9mm). It is a WWI model born in 1917. Also we have post war P-38's.
Come see us!
What's New as of 12-10-2015 -SALE!
Despite our not advertising our training programs and firearms sales via newspaper or radio, we have continued to grow thru word-of-mouth. As a result of this growth, we have become more well known in the sense that we, on an almost daily basis, special order firearms (handguns, rifles & shotguns) as well as other items. This change in our business now allows us to go back to our original mission of concentrating on giving carry permit training and selling items that interest the carry permit holder.
As many of you know, I have drifted from this original mission of the Carry Depot Store in that we now have a significant amount of inventory that does not fit in to our original goal.
In getting back to our original mission, we are having a SIGNIFICANT SALE on at least half of our inventory. The discount will vary item by item so we will not offer a certain percentage off on everything. Eventually we will put many items on the various online auction sites, but until then, we prefer to offer the discount to our customers who have made our business successful over the last 14 years.
So, come out an visit and don't be embarassed to ask "Is there a discount on this item?" as we will NOT be re-marking inventory with sales prices. Even though we will continue to special order the following items, we will not carry inventory of these items in the store:
1. AR 15 rifles and accessory items.
2. Most other long guns and some demos.
3. About a third of our handgun inventory that either does not meet the needs of carry permit holders or that are slow sellers (only 3-4 per year).
4. Many other items too numerous to mention.
HURRY OUT WHILE THE SELECTION IS GOOD!
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
Due to other obligations, our hours spent in the shop may vary considerably. I bekieve that we will average at least 40 hours a week in the shop BUT we will, on occasion, be away from the shop for as much as a week or more. As such, please take notice of the following suggestions:
1. Please call 320 524-2341 or email email@example.com before coming out, to see if we are going to be in the shop.
2. If you are having a firearm being transferred into us, again verify with us that we are going to be here to accept the firearm. Generally speaking, the delivery services (UPS, FEDEX, USPS) will attempt delivery on 3 consecutive business days. If they cannot deliver within that three day window, the will send the firearm back to the shipper. Pioneer Industries WILL NOT be responsible for any re-shipping costs.
WE HAVE AMMO!!
Ammunition inventory continues to improve and we now have a small quantity of 22lr - not enough to sell in bricks yet! :-(
We have 380, 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp ammo !
Due to increased training obligations (carry permit, beginning handgun, advanced handgun, etc), the Carry Depot Store will only be open Wednesday thru Saturday, 9AM-5PM. We still might be available on the other days by appointment or by chance so always best to give us a call.
As many of you are already aware, we also offer Carry Permit training at the Osakis General Store. Please contact the General Store (320 859-5159) for dates, fees, etc.
Carry classes and Beginning Handgun classes are still booking
fast. The large increase in women getting training is amazing!
Remember, we only need 4 people to schedule a carry class (if
you have four, all new permittees get a $10 discount ($70
instead of $80) - all renewals are only $70)!
If you don't have your own group, call or email and we will put
you on a notification list of classes coming up.
Classroom and Store
Since 2003, Pioneer Industries has been providing handgun training to the public. Our training is offered for recreational purposes as well as for self-defense reasons. In addition to providing the mandatory training in order to apply for a Minnesota Carry Permit, we can also provide the training/certification/documents in order to apply for a Florida carry permit. The adding of just one non-resident permit can give one the right to carry in many additional states.
In addition to our firearms training, we offer our popular non-firearm self-defense training for women. Please check the information for this class in the "Classes" section of this site.
In offering our training programs, it has become common for our students to ask us to provide suggestions as to what equipment and accessories to use. Since many of these suggestions involve firearms and where to acquire them, we decided to acquire our Federal Firearms License (FFL) in 2005. After acquiring our FFL, we established "The Carry Depot" store from which we sell firearms and accessory items. These accessory items include holsters, handgun safes, sights, ammunition, storage cases, cleaning supplies and miscellaneous items. In order to provide you with the best possible pricing, WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. Thanks for your understanding.
In our efforts to make Pioneer Industries, The Carry Depot store and this site a success, we encourage all viewers to make constructive suggestions as to how we can better serve you. Thanks!
Pioneer Industries 320 524-2341 firstname.lastname@example.org "The Carry Depot" 16533 Pioneer Park Road Brandon, Mn. 56315